It starts with us!!! Our Planet our Health
As part of our plan to help our planet we have been speaking with the children on ways that we can have a healthy planet and environment.
The children have been learning the importance of a few simple things we can do to have a healthier planet.
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle. Cut down on what you throw away. Follow the three “R’s” to conserve natural resources and landfill space.
- Volunteer. Volunteer for cleanups in your community. You can get involved in protecting your watershed, too.
- Educate. When we further your own education, we can help others understand the importance and value of our natural resources and beautiful spaces that we live in.
- Conserve water. The less water you use, the less runoff and wastewater that eventually end up in the ocean and pollution that comes from heavily filtered water.
- Choose sustainable. Learn how to make smart seafood choices at www.fishwatch.gov.
- Shop wisely. Buy less plastic and bring a reusable shopping bag when going shopping.
- Use long-lasting light bulbs. Energy efficient light bulbs reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Also flip the light switch off when you leave the room!
- Plant a tree. Trees provide food and oxygen. They help save energy, clean the air, and help combat climate change they provide shade and homes for our wildlife.
- Don’t send chemicals into our waterways. Choose non-toxic chemicals in the home, kindy and at the office
- Have a home veggie patch. Grow organic food with less chemical.
The real secret of how to have a healthier planet.
Sharing your knowledge with others and helping them to become eco-heroes too! Whether it’s spectacular habitats, cool creatures, or eco-friendly living, don’t be afraid to speak upand tell othersabout your planet passions!
It takes lots of people working together to make change happen – so share, share, share!